You can learn more about how to set up and maintain your compost bin, worm farm and Bokashi system at one of our free upcoming composting, worm farming and Bokashi workshops on Monday 13 November and Thursday 16 November.
How do I get a discounted system?
- Go to the Compost Revolution website and complete an online tutorial based on the type of system you’d like to purchase.
- Complete the quiz.
- Order your system.
|Eco Polo Compost Bin||$99.00||$39.95|
|‘Revolver’ compost aerator||$39.95||$16|
|1L enzyme spray||$18||$11|
For further information on the available products, including product dimensions visit http://compostrevolution.com.au/maroondah/products/
Why should I compost?
Up to half of the rubbish that Maroondah households create is organic waste such as paper, food scraps and garden waste. By composting, we can reduce the amount of waste sent to landfill by up to 50%.
Composting has many benefits for you and your garden:
- creates a rich fertiliser for your garden
- adds important minerals, nutrients, bacteria and micro organisms to soil
- increases the water retention of soil
- makes more space in your bin You can downsize to an 80l garbage bin and save $42.50 a year.
How can I learn more?
Learn more about composting your food waste by attending one of our free composting, worm farming and Bokashi workshops. To register your interest in a future workshop please call EnviroCom, Council’s waste education providers, on 9703 5288.