Lots of news and events from Transition Towns Maroondah
- Local Lives Global Matters Conference at Castlemaine 16 – 18 October. Looks fantastic! Check website here: http://locallivesglobalmatters.org/
- Glen Park Oaks Community Garden (Bayswater North) would love some new members! Have you visited in person yet? Check website here: http://www.glenparkcc.com.au/community_garden
- The Outer Eastern Permaculture Swap has become two swaps! One in Bayswater North (at community garden) and one in Wonga Park.Check website here: https://permacultureswap.wordpress.com/
- There’s a new Ringwood East Gardening Group now getting together monthly – all welcome. The growing Ringwood East Gardening Group has met at 4 delightful home gardens in Ringwood East and Bayswater to share knowledge, experiences and excitement about growing our own fruit and vegetables. We have seen astonishing methods of watering systems, the largest silver beet leaves imaginable and learned of the importance of treating the soil with loving care. We meet on the second Sunday of each month at 2.00 pm. Contact Pam French email@example.com if you would like to be involved. The next garden we visit will be in Ringwood North on 11th October.
- Ride to Work Day is on again in Maroondah – Wednesday 14 October. Council is providing a free breakfast! Details here http://www.maroondah.vic.gov.au/Ride2WorkDay.aspx
- EAGA (Eastern Alliance for Greenhouse Action – an alliance of 7 councils, see here) is meeting with Lighter Footprints, ECAM Inc (Eastern Climate Action Melbourne), TTM Inc at 1 Faversham Rd, Canterbury on Wednesday 30th September, 7 pm for 7.30. Hear what different Councils are doing re sustainability. http://eaga.com.au/
- HUB DINNERS – meet other people interested in Transition over dinner in your local area – more news coming soon on the next two dinners to be held in October and November.
- Maroondah Festival is just around the corner, so please keep Sunday 8th November free to be part of this wonderful event.Transition Towns Maroondah Inc will again have a stall at the Festival. The theme this year is ‘Sustainable Transport in Maroondah’. The working group for the stall have met a number of times and the stall is taking shape. (Actually it’s looking very exciting! – Ed) What we need now is you!! We need willing volunteers to spend an hour (or whatever time you can spare) to chat with visitors to the stall. You don’t need to know much about Sustainable Transport in Maroondah. You just need to be willing to listen to what would help people use Sustainable Transport more often. We will have maps and ways to record what people say, and all the information gathered will be entered into the Maroondah council database. (And there’s a kids’ art activity too! – Ed) If you are willing and able to join us please respond by return email with what times would work for you to be at the stall. A final roster will be sent out closer to the date of the Festival.